The Regional Studies Association offers various scholarships and funding opportunities:
- Membership Research Grant – This is a research funding scheme of up to £5,000 providing opportunities for mid-career scholars already published in the field of regional studies and/or science. Application deadline (first selection round): 15th May 2018, 3pm (BST) http://www.regionalstudies.org/funding/page/rsa-MeRSA-Grant
- 2018 Research Networks« Funding Scheme – RSA Research Networks, with funding of up to £10,000, are formed by members interested in examining an issue that responds to the aims and goals of the Association and is of interest and concern to members as well as non-members. The issue would not necessarily to have a direct policy focus but the examination would normally lead to policy related conclusions. Application deadline: 30th September 2018, 4pm (BST) http://www.regionalstudies.org/funding/page/research-network-grants
- Travel Grant – In addition to these research funding schemes, the RSA also offers its members up to £500 towards travel and accommodation costs when attending a non -RSA event. www.regionalstudies.org/funding/page/rsa-travel-grant<https://webacc.ifl-leipzig.de/PT/http://www.regionalstudies.org/funding/page/rsa-travel-grant>. Application deadlines in 2018: 31st May; 15th September; 30th November
- Networking and Career Building – For those of you involved in policy and practice, we would also like to draw your attention to the upcoming Policy Tuesday at the RSA Annual Conference in Lugano, between 3rd June, 2018 – 6th June, 2018 (http://www.regionalstudies.org/conferences/conference/rsa-lugano-2018).
- SMARTER Conference on Smart Specialisation and Territorial Development, Seville, Spain (http://www.regionalstudies.org/conferences/conference/2018-smarter-conference) with many themes of interest.